Microsoft is continuing its support in building MS Teams as the best tool for communication and collaboration online. We have seen earlier that the company is regularly adding new features to it, and at the end of the month comes a detailed list of features added during the month.
Microsoft has now published a list of new features and improvements that the company added to Microsoft Teams in November 2022. If you would like to know, here’s a brief summary of the new enhancements and capabilities.
What’s new and improved in Microsoft Teams November 2022 Update
- Microsoft added a 1-click Instant Poll feature for a quick check-in during Teams meetings. Presenters can launch these polls without preparing in advance.
- Microsoft has added support for PSTN dial-in, dial-out, and call-me attendees in meetings to join Breakout Rooms and come back to the main room when breakout rooms end.
- Users will be able to automatically see up to 49 videos (7×7) on their screen by default now without explicit action.
- The modern meeting and calling experience will be available for Teams on the web in Chrome and Edge browsers.
- Admins can enable this policy in the Teams Admin Center, so that on acceptance of a PSTN call, an automatic browser launch can happen alongside Teams, displaying relevant information (CRM data, case data, etc.) to the user. This feature can also now be turned off in user settings.
- Transcription for 1:1 calls and group calls is now available on the Teams app for Android for whenever you’re on the go or just don’t have a notepad handy.
- Teams users can now accept or block a group chat invitation from an unmanaged user.
- With more people working remotely or with flexible work hours and in different time zones, it can prove challenging to coordinate around your colleague’s work schedule when sending a message without disrupting their work-off hours. Similar to delaying the delivery of emails in Outlook, you now can manually select the future date and time you would like a chat message to be delivered. Users can simply right-click the send button to schedule send and have the confidence their message will be delivered as scheduled.
- You will now be able to start a Teams Chat with Distribution Groups, Mail-enabled Security Groups, and O365 Groups. This feature will respect the limits on members in a group chat, currently set to 250 members.
- Users who click on the chat message search result will now be presented with the entire message thread, regardless of the age of the message. This update creates efficiency as it ensures the user has the full context of the conversation.
- Users will now find it easier to view, triage, and catch up with their unread chat message notifications by easily turning on the unread toggle button in their activity feed panel. Alternatively, users will also be able to turn off the unread toggle to view both read and unread notifications.
- When creating an e-signature request in Approvals, users can now upload a document to be signed from OneDrive for Business directly. This enables access to your document from anywhere and on any device.