Intel’s all-new Arc A-Series GPUs are touted as the first in the industry to offer full AV1 hardware acceleration, including both encode and decode, while also delivering faster video encode aas well as higher quality streaming using the same internet bandwidth. The company collaborated with industry partners to ensure that AV1 support is available today in many of the most popular media applications, with broader adoption expected later this year. Read more to see the teaser for their Arc A-Series limited edition GPU.
There have not been many details released, but from this teaser alone, we can see that it boasts two axial fans instead of a blower-type arrangement. This design just means that it exhausts heat into the case, rather than outside, complete with a full-fat ACM-G10 GPU that boasts 32 Xe cores. This dual-slot, dual-fan card also appears to have four DisplayPorts and one HDMI port, while four heat pipes deliver the thermal load to the fin stack on the integrated heatsink. Pricing has not yet been announced, although it’s expected to hit shelves this summer.
Acer Aspire 5 A515-46-R3UB | 15.6″ Full HD IPS Display | AMD Ryzen 3 3350U Quad-Core Mobile Processor | 4GB DDR4 | 128GB NVMe SSD | WiFi 6 | Backlit KB | FPR | Amazon Alexa | Windows 11 Home in S mode
- Powerful Productivity: AMD Ryzen 3 3350U delivers desktop-class performance and amazing battery life in a slim notebook. With Precision Boost, get up to 3.5GHz for your high-demand applications
- Maximized Visuals: See even more on the stunning 15.6″ Full HD display with 82.58% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels
- Backlit Keyboard and Fingerprint Reader: Biometric fingerprint reader and Windows Hello sign-in options help keep your Acer PC secure
- Internal Specifications: 4GB DDR4 on-board memory (1 slot available); 128GB NVMe solid-state drive storage (1 hard drive bay available) to store your files and media
- Acer’s Purified.Voice technology, features enhanced digital signal processing to cancel out background noise, improve speech accuracy and far-field pickup, which not only makes calls clearer, but makes talking to Alexa easier than before.
Today, we are officially launching our Intel Arc graphics family for laptops, completing the Intel platform. These are the first discrete GPUs from our Intel Arc A-Series graphics portfolio for laptops, with our desktop and workstation products coming later this year,” said the company.