Strava is just one of the most well known health apps, and it’s no shock. Its potential to track a variety of sports from several disciplines would make it an essential component of any physical fitness fanatic’s toolkit. But what if you no longer want to use the company? How do you delete your Strava account? This how-to information points out the ins and outs of Strava’s account deletion method, which includes what knowledge is still left powering.
Easily delete your Strava account by accessing your account options on Strava’s website or application and choosing the Request Account Deletion choice.
Jump TO Crucial SECTIONS
How to terminate your Strava subscription
If you’re a high quality Strava person, canceling your Strava subscription in advance of deleting your account is a excellent thought. To do this:
- Login to your Strava account on your desktop
- Navigate to Configurations > My Account > Terminate subscription
If you subscribed to Strava via Google Perform or the App Shop, you’ll have to have to head to your respective platform’s subscription management internet pages to cancel the subscription.
See also: How to cancel a Google Perform Keep membership
How to delete your Strava account from your telephone
Deleting your Strava account on your mobile phone is a super easy approach.
- Open up the Strava app on your cellular phone
- Faucet the gear icon in the best appropriate of the screen
- Decide on Delete Your Account on Android
- On iOS, you are going to very first will need to choose Aid before tapping Delete Your Account
- Login to Strava as soon as much more with your facts
- You can opt for to request the info Strava has stored about you. To do this, faucet Ask for Your Archive
- To delete your account, hit the checkbox up coming to “I downloaded or really don’t want to down load my data” then hit Ask for Account Deletion
- You will then obtain an e mail via the deal with connected to your account. Observe the methods to delete your account.
Notably, if you applied Fb to generate a Strava account, the electronic mail will be despatched to the email account linked to Fb.
Extra how-to guides: Link your Fitbit to Strava | Join your Garmin to Strava
How to delete your Strava account from the web site
The process to delete your Strava account on the site is somewhat distinctive than you could experience when employing your cell phone.
- Open the Strava internet site on your desktop
- Hover over the profile picture and tap Configurations in the dropdown menu
- Tap My Account in the left-hand aspect navigation bar
- Pick Get Started beneath the Down load or Delete Your Account segment
- You can select to ask for the knowledge Strava has saved about you. To do this, faucet Request Your Archive
- To delete your account, strike the checkbox upcoming to “I downloaded or really do not want to down load my data” then strike Ask for Account Deletion
- You are going to then acquire an email by way of the tackle joined to your account. Adhere to the steps to delete your account.
What occurs when you delete your Strava account?
Kaitlyn Cimino / Android Authority
It is important to notice that while deleting your Strava account will erase your existence on the system, some facts will stay.
Segments and routes
Strava claims it will delete any private segments and routes tied to your account, but it will not delete community segments and routes. Instead, the corporation maintains a “perpetual license” on the general public routes you have created the moment you have deleted your account. You can assure these public segments and routes do not continue to be by deleting them in advance of deleting your account.
- To delete a segment: Open up your Dashboard > My Segments > Designed Segments > faucet on segment you want to delete > find Delete.
- To delete a route: Open up your Dashboard > My Routes > tap the wrench icon beneath route star icon > pick Delete Route.
What Strava keeps
- Community segments and routes, which includes their present titles, if they have not been deleted by the person
What Strava deletes
- Private segments and routes
- Primary activity and GPS data joined to segments
- Activities on section leaderboards
Moreover, any golf equipment you’ve developed on Strava will not be deleted, but any remarks or posts you’ve built inside golf equipment will be erased together with your account.
Far more importantly, this suggests that any personalized facts in just the club’s description, on the deal with graphic or title will not be deleted.
If you want the club you created to live on without having you, it is significant that you assign a new club operator prior to deleting your account. Possession can’t be transferred to an additional Strava consumer the moment your account is deleted. Clubs without the need of entrepreneurs will not be deleted and will not be equipped to produce new situations or approve join requests, both. They’ll effectively continue being in limbo.
What Strava retains
- Clubs, which includes the title, cover picture, and description
What Strava deletes
- Any content material posted to a Club connected to your account
Resource website link
Free Technology for Teachers: The True Costs of Owning a Car
Microsoft PC Manager Vs CCleaner
Scientists shed some light on oddball gamma rays from space • The Register