Robert Triggs / Android Authority
- Google is now rolling out the December 2022 security patch for Pixels.
- The update is available for Pixel 4a and higher devices.
- It includes over 70 bug fixes and improvements across several areas.
After releasing the December feature drop for Pixel phones and the Pixel Watch, Google has also pushed out this month’s Android security patch for the phones.
All supported Pixel devices running Android 13 will receive the December 2022 security update first. The rollout will continue over the next week in phases depending on carriers and devices. If you have an eligible phone, i.e. a Pixel 4a or higher device, you can now check for the OTA by heading to Settings > System > System Update.
The December 2022 Pixel security patch includes a long list of fixes and improvements across several areas, including device performance, stability, connectivity, and more. There are over 70 bug fixes in total.
Amongst a few notable improvements, battery usage in Settings will now display information since the last full charge as opposed to the last 24 hours.
Pixel 6 and Pixel 7 series users will also notice improvements to fingerprint unlock as well as network and connectivity performance. Small bug fixes and general improvements are also headed to the Camera app on the Pixel 7 series.
You can see the complete list of bug fixes headed to your Pixel phones with the December 2022 security patch here. Below is a list of software versions and supported Pixel devices that’ll get the update.
- Pixel 4a: TQ1A.221205.011
- Pixel 4a (5G): TQ1A.221205.011
- Pixel 5: TQ1A.221205.011
- Pixel 5a (5G): TQ1A.221205.011
- Pixel 6: TQ1A.221205.011
- Pixel 6 Pro: TQ1A.221205.011
- Pixel 6a: TQ1A.221205.011
- Pixel 7: TQ1A.221205.011
- Pixel 7 Pro: TQ1A.221205.011
- Pixel 4a: TQ1A.221205.011.B1
- Pixel 6a: TQ1A.221205.012
- Pixel 7: TQ1A.221205.012
- Pixel 7 Pro: TQ1A.221205.012