Free League’s Blade Runner role-playing game just hit Kickstarter today, and it managed to snag over $800,000 USD in pledges within hours of the launch, possibly because of the bonus art print offered to early backers. This RPG propels you into the streets of Los Angeles as Blade Runners with unique specialties, personalities and memories. Aside from the core game, there will also be a line of expansions that push the boundaries of tabletop RPGs.
In addition to the core casework, this RPG will showcase key themes from Blade Runner, including corporate intrigue, existential character drama and moral conflict, all of which challenge the player characters to explore humanity during inhumane times. A physical starter set will set you back around $132 USD, and consists of a condensed rulebook, pre-generated characters, Electric Dreams (Case File for Blade Runners to crack), and a host of physical handouts. It does not however include the Honda Neo Fighter motorcycle. More information here.
Nintendo Switch – OLED Model w/ White Joy-Con
- 7-inch OLED screen – Enjoy vivid colors and crisp contrast with a screen that makes colors pop
- Wired LAN port – Use the dock’s LAN port when playing in TV mode for a wired internet connection
- 64 GB internal storage – Save games to your system with 64 GB of internal storage
- Enhanced audio – Enjoy enhanced sound from the system’s onboard speakers when playing in Handheld and Tabletop modes.
- Wide adjustable stand – Freely angle the system’s wide, adjustable stand for comfortable viewing in Tabletop mode. Nintendo Switch – OLED Model supports all Joy-Con controllers and Nintendo Switch software
Free League Publishing is an award-winning game studio and publisher dedicated to speculative fiction, based in Stockholm, Sweden. Founded in 2011, the studio has published a wide range of tabletop games and acclaimed art books set in strange and wondrous worlds. Free League was voted Fan Favorite Publisher at the annual ENNIE Awards in both 2020 and 2021,” according to the Kickstarter page.